Terms & Conditions
Wishlist K's 4 Cancer
WISHLIST K'S 4 CANCER TERMS & CONDITIONS
Whilst all reasonable care is taken by the race organisers and officials when organising an event, all participating runners and volunteers have an equal responsibility to ensure they take all reasonable care by adhering to the road rules, minimal impact policy and any other conditions imposed by officials ensuring a safe race environment for all concerned.
- I acknowledge that participation in this event involves the real risk of serious injury or even death from various causes including overexertion, equipment failure, dehydration, accidents with other participants, spectators or road users, course or weather conditions and other causes.
- By participating in these activities, I accept all risks necessarily flowing from my participation, which could result in loss of life or permanent injury. Accordingly, I release all persons or corporations associated directly or indirectly with the conduct of the event from all claims, demands and proceedings arising out of my participation and I hereby indemnify them against all liability (including liability for their negligence and the negligence of others) for all injury, loss or damage arising out of or connected with my participation in these events. This release shall extend to and include Wishlist and their respective directors, partners, managers, officers, agents, contractors, employees and volunteers including medical and paramedical personnel appointed for the events, the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which the events or any part of it is conducted, any statutory body or local authority having control over any l and upon which the event or any part of it is conducted or which is involved directly or indirectly with the events in any manner whatsoever and promoters, sponsors and event organisers. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns.
- I consent to receiving any medical treatment including ambulance transportation that the event organisers think desirable during or after the event.
- I consent to event organisers using my name, image and likeness before, during or after the event for event promotional broadcasting or reporting purposes in any media.
- I understand that compulsory insurance cover effected for participants in these events may not cover me for any or all injury, loss or damage sustained by me.
- Safety precautions undertaken by organisers (such as course supervision and race safety briefings) are a service to me and other competitors but are not a guarantee of safety.
- I am fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions at the events.
- My registration is transferable to other people. If I am unable to compete, or if the event is cancelled by way of circumstances beyond the control of the event directors, my registration fee is transferable however is non-refundable. A transfer fee may apply.
- I will inform the organisers of any medical or physical conditions from which I suffer that might affect my performance or be relevant. I accept the risk of participating, despite these conditions. (Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inform of any medical conditions).
- I agree to abide by all event rules and directions issued by the event organiser.
- Event organisers may change the event format, course or other event conditions at their discretion. If that occurs, this agreement applies to the changed conditions.
- I hereby agree to allow my photograph(s) to be used on the Event website and other affiliated websites or publications.
BRINGING A DOG?
- Only one dog per runner permitted.
- Dogs should be kept under firm control, on a short lead or a harness with a short lead, and extreme care taken to avoid tripping other runners.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- By bringing your dog to the Wishlist K's 4 Cancer, you are accepting the responsibility of your dog’s behaviour and actions in public.
- Dogs MUST be near their owner at all times and responsive to their commands.
- Your dog must be kept under control on a lead held by a capable person.
- Dogs must not interfere with other people including children.
- Your dog must be on a leash at all times and you must carry a doggy bag to dispose of dog poop responsibly.
MINIMUM IMPACT POLICY
Before, during and after each event competitors, volunteers and supporters are encouraged to follow standard ‘leave no trace’ environmental guidelines. To reduce our carbon footprint, competitors are encouraged to make use of transport provided or organise to travel with fellow competitors.
We are committed to protecting your privacy.
We collect information about you for 2 reasons: firstly, to process your information and second, to provide you with the best possible service.
You may be added to our email list, but you have the option to unsubscribe at any time. We send a few emails a month as a reminder of upcoming events, or to share some news.
The type of information we may collect about you includes:
- your name
- your date of birth
- phone number
- email address
You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly. The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This can include using a “cookie” which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings.
If you have any questions/comments please email us at email@example.com phone us on 07-520201777
You must be over 18 years of age OR the parent/legal guardian of a minor under 19 years of age OR the legal guardian of an incapacitated and/or mentally challenged person in order to agree to the text above.
The Wishlist K's 4 Cancer will take place rain or shine. In the event that Event Organisers deem the weather conditions as potentially hazardous to participants and volunteers, Wishlist reserves the right to postpone the start time or cancel the event outright.
There will be no refunds for weather cancellation or postponement. Please note, there are no refunds if the event is held.
If the Wishlist K's 4 Cancer is cancelled prior to October 15 for reasons unrelated to our weather policy, full refunds will automatically be issued back to the original form of payment. Runners will be notified and sent an email receipt when the refund has been processed.
Events must operate in accordance with the Restrictions on Businesses, Activities and Undertakings Direction. The requirements for events depend on whether the event is indoors or outdoors.
Wishlist will adhere to https://www.covid19.qld.gov.au/government-actions/covid-safe-events for any updates to the COVID safety policy and advise registrants in advance of any changes prior to the event on October 15, 2023.
All registrants will receive a refund of their booking should the event not be able to go ahead due to COVID19. Registrants will also be offered the option to transfer their entry to the Wishlist 2024 K's 4 Cancer.
We ask that all registrants and attendees to the Wishlist K's 4 Cancer maintain COVID19 hygiene standards and adhere to the applicable requirements as outlined on https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19/current-status/public-health-directions.