92.7 Mix FM's Give Me 5 Five Ride For Kids
The Inaugural Give Me 5 For Kids Ride For Kids is a family-friendly event for weekend peddlers, corporate team building and cycling enthusiasts.
DATE: Sunday 26 May
LOCATION: Aura Central circuit - click here to see the track.
Community Bike Ride
A fun event for cyclists of all levels to ride the 3km circuit on Aura Central’s brand new road network. Ride with family and friends and enjoy a festival atmosphere and raise money for Give Me 5 For Kids.
Open to all children under 10, the Kid’s Dash is a 500m supervised event along the main straight of the Aura Central circuit providing children the opportunity to participate in the first Ride For Kids event and to enjoy the sport of cycling. Kids are also welcome to undertake their own fundraising to support Give Me 5 For Kids.
Ride For Kids will feature an opportunity for experienced cyclists to enjoy this inaugural event and the new Aura Central road network. Races will be conducted for both women and men with a fantastic prize money pool for each race of $1,500 including $1,000 for the winner of each race!
Entrants must hold a current Cycling Australia license to participate.
Entrants are encouraged to support Give Me 5 For the Kids and undertake their own fundraising campaign.
|Individual||9am -10am||Community bike ride|
|11:00am - 11:30am||Elite Women (must provide CA license number)|
|11:45am -12:30pm||Elite Man (must provide CA license number)|
|Corporate Teams||9am - 10am||Community ride only|
By purchasing entry to the Give Me 5 For Kids Charity Bike Ride you agree to the waiver (see below).
Click the map to enlarge the map.
GIVE ME 5 FOR KIDS CHARITY BIKE RIDE WAIVER
Whilst all reasonable care is taken by the race organisers and officials when organising an event, all participating riders and volunteers have an equal responsibility to ensure they take all reasonable care by adhering to the road rules, minimal impact policy and any other conditions imposed by officials ensuring a safe race environment for all concerned.
1. I acknowledge that participation in this event involves the real risk of serious injury or even death from various causes including overexertion, equipment failure, dehydration, accidents with other participants, spectators or road users, course or weather conditions and other causes.
2. I understand that I should not participate in these events unless I have trained appropriately and a medical practitioner has verified my physical condition.
3. By participating in these activities, I accept all risks necessarily flowing from my participation, which could result in loss of life or permanent injury or any other damage. Accordingly, I release all persons or corporations associated directly or indirectly with the conduct of the event from all claims, demands and proceedings arising out of my participation and I hereby indemnify them against all liability (including liability for their negligence and the negligence of others) for all injury, loss or damage arising out of or connected with my participation in these events. This release shall extend to and include Wishlist and their respective directors, partners, managers, officers, agents, contractors, employees and volunteers including medical and paramedical personnel appointed for the events, the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which the events or any part of it is conducted, any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which the event or any part of it is conducted or which is involved directly or indirectly with the events in any manner whatsoever and promoters, sponsors and event organisers. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns.
4. I consent to receiving any medical treatment including ambulance transportation that the event organisers think is desirable during or after the event.
5. I consent to event organisers using my name, image and likeness before, during or after the event for event promotional broadcasting or reporting purposes in any media.
6. I understand that compulsory insurance cover effected for participants in these events may not cover me for any or all injury, loss or damage sustained by me.
7. Safety precautions undertaken by organisers (such as course supervision and race safety briefings) are a service to me and other competitors but are not a guarantee of safety.
8. I am fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions at the events.
9. My registration is transferable to other people. If I am unable to compete, or if the event is cancelled by way of circumstances beyond the control of the event directors, my registration fee is transferable however is non-refundable. A transfer fee may apply.
10. I will list my medical or physical conditions from which I suffer that might affect my performance or be relevant. I accept the risk of participating, despite these conditions. (Please record any relevant information online on the RACE REGISTRATION page when booking)
11. I agree to abide by all event rules and directions issued by the event organiser.
12. Event organisers may change the event format, course or other event conditions at their discretion. If that occurs, this agreement applies to the changed conditions.
13. I hereby agree to allow my photograph(s) to be used on the Event website and other affiliated websites or publications.
MINIMUM IMPACT POLICY
Before, during and after each event competitors, volunteers and supporters are encouraged to follow standard ‘leave no trace’ environmental guidelines. To reduce our carbon footprint, competitors are encouraged to make use of transport provided or organise to travel with fellow competitors.
We are committed to protecting your privacy.
We collect information about you for 2 reasons: firstly, to process your information and second, to provide you with the best possible service.
You may be added to our email list, but you have the option to unsubscribe at any time. We send a few emails a month as a reminder of upcoming events, or to share some news.
The type of information we may collect about you includes: your name, date of birth, address, phone number, email address…
You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly. The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This can include using a “cookie” which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings.
If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you should email us on email@example.com or phone us on 07-54201777
You must be over 18 years of age OR the parent/legal guardian of a minor under 18 years of age OR the legal guardian of an incapacitated and/or mentally challenged person in order to agree to the text above.
The Give me 5 for Kids Community Bike Ride will take place rain or shine. In the event that Event Organisers deem the weather conditions as potentially hazardous to participants and volunteers, Wishlist reserve the right to postpone the start time or cancel the event outright.
There will be no refunds for weather cancellation or postponement. Please note, there are no refunds if the event is held.
If the Give me 5 for Kids Community Bike Ride is cancelled prior to April 24 for reasons unrelated to our weather policy, full refunds will automatically be issued back to the original form of payment. Riders will be notified and sent an email receipt when the refund has been processed.