What we have funded
The people of our region have helped us fund:
- $1.4 million for the relocation and refurbishment of the Cancer Centre at Nambour Hospital.
$122,500 for a General Surgery Flex Focus 800 B-K Ultrasound to assist surgeons to see potentially-cancerous tumours and lesions in ‘real time’ during operations on the liver or pancreas.
$20,000 in Paediatric Advanced Life Support traning for 10 staff members.
$218,400 to fund two years of the Clown Doctor program and bring laughter therapy to sick children.
$430,000 worth of ophthalmology equipment to vastly expand and improve public eye services at Caloundra Hospital.
- $130,000 on Ear, Nose and Throat equipment for Nambour Hospital's Surgical Services to treat paediatric patients and patients from intensive care and emergency.
- $118,200 to purchase an ultrasound for prostate biopsy.
- $114,000 to create a specially-designed emergency paediatric department at Nambour Hospital.
- $2.5 million Reed Charity House - the accommodation centre supporting the needs of Nambour Hospital.
- 300,000 to build a sky bridge to link Reed Charity House to the hospital.
- $220,000 to provide continued funding for SCKoping camps and sessions which provides support for local children who live in a family system affected by parents or siblings with meatal health or drug and alcohol conditions.
- $62,158 to provide continued funding of juvenile diabetes programs, including twice-yearly events for adolescents and young people with Type 1 Diabetes.
- $315,000 to purchase an Endoscopic Bronchial Ultrasound (EBUS) that accurately diagnoses stages of lung cancer in local patients.
- $112,000 for Paediatric Family Rooms at the Sunshine Coast University Hospital. The project provides several rooms and lounges for parents to relax and retreat from the clinical enviornment of the Childrens Ward while still being in close proximity to their bed-bound child.
- $44,012 for music therapy at Dove Palliative Care in Caloundra. The program will run until 2018 at 10 hours per week.
$7,657 for an Operating Hysteroscope for the Perioperative Day Surgery Unit at Gympie Hospital.